https://www.stomp.sg/singapore-seen/employer-mad-maid-lying-about-charging-phone-and-causing-mini-explosion-middle-night?ref=singapore-seen
Employer mad at maid for lying about charging phone that led to 'mini explosion' in middle of night
It was a good thing she is a light sleeper.
An employer is furious at her maid for lying about causing a "mini explosion" in her home in the middle of the night.
Stomper Tan wants to warn others who employ domestic helpers.
The incident happened on Sept 19 at 11.50pm.
The Stomper recounted that she was awakened by the sound of a "mini explosion" and a power trip. Her ceiling fan had stopped working.
To her horror, she detected a strong burnt smell from the kitchen, where she found her Myanmarese domestic helper with her handphone.
"I noticed the socket was black and a very strong burnt smell was emitting from it," said the Stomper.
"It was puzzling as the socket seemed to be wet with black ink."
She asked the maid, who denied doing anything to the socket and claimed she was just trying to turn off the switch.
The Stomper believed the maid must have caused the "mini explosion" by charging her phone in the socket.
"She was smart enough to pull out her handphone from the wall before I reached the kitchen," said the employer.
"We tried going to the DC box and flipping the switches, but it was useless. The power in my unit could no longer be turned back on.
"Fear and panic set in. My little toddler, who had been sleeping, was awakened by this stuffy and hot condition. I had no choice but to call for 24-hour emergency electrical services."
Half an hour later, the electrician came and power was reinstated.
"He checked my unit and said the melted socket was caused by water from an exterior source, not interior," said the Stomper.
"Hence, I realised it was my helper who had caused all this drama in the middle of the night, and so full of lies and not feeling sorry for everything.
"I asked her if she had charged her phone with wet hands. She denied it for the third time and refused to cooperate. I got really mad and I checked my CCTV.
"The whole scenario came to light."
The CCTV revealed that the maid had come out of the bathroom with wet hands, took her handphone charger cable and plugged it into the wall socket to charge her phone.
"That caused the mini explosion," said the Stomper.
"This bad helper was obviously full of lies with no remorse. Worst of all, she was trying to hide the entire scenario by feigning ignorance.
"If I had been deep asleep, she wouldn't have called us for help and treated it as though nothing happened.
"My child barely two years old was at home sleeping. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I had not discovered the irresponsible actions of this helper.
"I was very angry and told her off. I cannot tolerate this kind of nonsense from this dishonest helper. She did not feel remorse at all, and she did not apologise throughout this whole ordeal."
The Stomper's advice to other employers?
"I strongly urge those who have domestic helpers at home to install CCTV in the common areas as it's difficult to trust them because their phones are more important than their work," said the Stomper.
"They can secretly wake up in the middle of the night and use their phone throughout the night."





Comments
Post a Comment